Sunday, May 17, 2015

To be or not to be 30...? That is the one question I can't avoid.

I thought, ‘Age should speak; advanced years should teach wisdom.’ But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding. (Job 32:7-8 NIV)

Oh joy... Happy birthday to me. I use to be so excited about birthdays.. Like my tinehop from 5 years ago shows me at the beach with my girl friends having a blast because I was celebrating my 25th bday! As if!! I've been dreading this day since I realized how real it was becoming. Another year older but another decade to enter into. 

I'm not as mopey as I was because I have come to realize that I entered my 20's naive, wild and honestly not a care in the world besides college and my boyfriend at the time. I was so careless and selfish. My how I could go back and do things differently. I would have listened to all the words of wisdom given to me throughout the past ten years. But hey experiences make us into who we are today. They help develop our character and our integrity. So to my twenties I say with my hands raised PEACE OUT! I will not keep looking back! 

Now for this new decade that begins today.. Welcome thirties! Here's to living a more Christ filled life with wisdom, compassion and love. Here is to healthier choices. Lasting impressions and working harder than ever to be a God centered wife and mother. I will lift my head up high and declare to keep my sanity and no longer feel the dread of turning 30! It's over it's done! I'm officially 30!! No one can stop time. 

I will enter to this new age of my life with more grace and mercy that my Fathe in heaven has given me. My love has changed from this world to my Love for others and for my Jesus. 

Just amazing what time can do for us. Here's a quote from Ghandi on choosing our thoughts and changing the world. It starts today. 

“Be the change you wish to see in the world. ” ~ Gandhi

Instead of wishing that the world will change you have to be the change that you wish it would make. When you make positive changes to yourself you set an example for those around you to do the same. Instead of wishing that everyone would recycle, make sure that you are the master recycler. Instead of wishing that your loved ones would lose weight and be healthy, lead by example and get fit so that they can be inspired by you. Small changes can lead to big changes when others see what you can do.


In grace. 




No comments:

Post a Comment