Thursday, April 16, 2015

My time with God is always changing.

I've always had In my mind that time with God has to be done elaborate study session with all peace and quiet first thing in the mornings and if I don't get that done then I'm just a failure for the day and disappointed in myself.. Well that WAS my mentality id say. Because... 

Now my time with God is continuous. It consist of doing my devotion and reading my bible during whenever I get enough time to concentrate during the day. Most of the time it's in the morning after I get going and usually it's with my son in my lap watching Mickey Mouse and I'm either reading a devotion on my bible app or actually reading through my tangible bible using my The color method Pens to study scripture. 

I was doing just as described this morning. I drank my spark and stretched my arms. By the time I looked at the clock it was 7am so I knew if I didn't sit down to get my time in that I would get sidetracked. So in my chair, Brantley in my lap and I was reading in the book of Acts. I have finally realized that if I go to the bible with a humbled childlike spirit of faith that I can really read it as a story and understand it. 

I use to try to read the bible and just read fast to say I read for the day but now I long to read and learn. It's not always easy to do just this because my ADD mind gets so distracted if I lose my focus. 

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy quiet time and some mornings I'm able to get up before B awakes and have personal time with the Lord. But I quit setting my expectations so high because when I wouldn't reach them I would get discouraged. God does not want us to be discouraged. Definitely not while trying to honor and please him. He wants us to keep it simple. And so that leads to PRAYER! 

Prayers are heard when you immediately start praying. Whether you are in a closet, on your knees, cooking dinner, driving or just piddling around during the day. They don't have to be elaborate or fancy or in any certain voice! Thanks to Joyce Meter for teaching me this and helping me see the power in just praying! 

The bible says to pray without ceasing and to pray continuously.. 1 Thess 5:18

This is how I approach my prayer life now. I pray all day anytime and anywhere! I pray a lot in my car to start my day. Sometimes it's a long prayer and sometimes it's just to thank God for what he's doing in my life. I say this to say that praying is how we communicate and talk with God! Just treat Him like your family or friend and speak to him. When you think about something specific or someone, stop and pray for them. Don't say you will do it later because more than likely you will forget. 

My biggest peeve which I am guilty of is saying I'm praying for you to someone needing or asking for prayers. We can get into the habit of saying this but without action. So when I say this to someone whether through, text, fb or in person I will try my best to say a prayer for them right then! The last thing I wang to be is a sayer and not a doer! 

Hope this helps you on your path to growing spiritually as this writing is helping me learn and grow with my relationship with Jesus. We are all striving for the same thing. His Grace and his mercy. It can only be found through his Word and by prayer. 

God bless. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment